- Las Vegas
- Special Reports
- Be The Change
- Connected Life: Technology, Art, and Culture
- Dating Emily
- Eclectic Global Nomad
- Forty Shades of Fitness
- Fear and Loathing in Antarctica
- The Giraffe Life
- It’s Just A Thought … Spiritually Speaking!
- Kinsey’s VBlog
- Left Coast Logic
- Socially Awkward
- Recycled Recipes From Vintage Boxes
- Steve Goode grew up in Elkins, WV in the 1950s – a fine time and place to be young - and attended Elkins public schools. He holds a BA from Davidson College, an MA from the University of Virginia, and Ph. D. from Rutgers – all in history – but pursued a career in journalism rather than academia. For 20 years he wrote on politics and culture for Insight Magazine and the Washington Times. He is the author of 17 nonfiction books and numerous articles in various publications. With his partner of 40 years, the botanist and artist Ray Petersen and their dog Pearl, he divides his time between their home in Milton, DE and a condo in Albuquerque, NM.
Posts by Stephen Goode:
“Jesse he has gone down To the Old Man’s town, Intending to do as he....
Photo above: Robert Ford (John Ireland) shoots Jesse in the 1949 I Shot....
“Jesse James is the only American bandit who is classical, who is to....
“It was sort of like growing up in some parts of Iraq today.” —....
“She like all the best people came from Kentucky.” From “Zerelda” by Paulette Jiles,....
Photo above: Author on front porch of James farmhouse. Photo by Ray Petersen. Part l: ....
When it comes to American legends can any match Billy the Kid’s? Five....