- Las Vegas
- Special Reports
- Be The Change
- Connected Life: Technology, Art, and Culture
- Dating Emily
- Eclectic Global Nomad
- Forty Shades of Fitness
- Fear and Loathing in Antarctica
- Fun, Fit, Fashion Guru
- The Giraffe Life
- It’s Just A Thought … Spiritually Speaking!
- Kinsey’s VBlog
- Left Coast Logic
- Socially Awkward
- Recycled Recipes From Vintage Boxes
- Tim Forkes started as a writer on a small alternative newspaper in Milwaukee called the Crazy Shepherd. Writing about entertainment, he had the opportunity to speak with many people in show business, from the very famous to the people struggling to find an audience. In 1992 Tim moved to San Diego, CA and pursued other interests, but remained a freelance writer. Upon arrival in Southern California he was struck by how the business of government and business was so intertwined, far more so than he had witnessed in Wisconsin. His interest in entertainment began to wane and the business of politics took its place. He had always been interested in politics, his mother had been a Democratic Party official in Milwaukee, WI, so he sat down to dinner with many of Wisconsin’s greatest political names of the 20th Century: William Proxmire and Clem Zablocki chief among them. As a Marine Corps veteran, Tim has a great interest in veteran affairs, primarily as they relate to the men and women serving and their families. As far as Tim is concerned, the military-industrial complex has enough support. How the men and women who serve are treated is reprehensible, while in the military and especially once they become veterans. Tim would like to help change that.
Posts by Tim Forkes:
In spectacular and historic fashion, Team USA won the World Baseball Classic championship....
The man who invented rock-n-roll guitar, who introduced rock-n-roll to the world in....
Today is St. Patrick’s Day, once a Holy Day of Obligation in the....
YouTube, like Facebook, is a great time-waster. A vehicle for great distraction, a....
President Trump is tweeting insults at Arnold Schwarzenegger and tweeting claims that President....
So … Warren Beatty was looking, and stalling, looking and stalling — and....
While the rest of us were watching the New England Patriots execute the....
Super Bowl LI (51) is turning out to be one of the most....
The day after the inauguration they came, by the hundreds of thousands, to....
Friday, January 20 — Inauguration Day — this will be our judgement day.....