FBI concludes Las Vegas Massacre investigation saying shooter acted aloneLos Angeles Post-Examiner

FBI concludes Las Vegas Massacre investigation saying shooter acted alone

LAS VEGAS — After a 16-month investigation into the October 1, 2017 Las Vegas Massacre, the FBI released a three-page summary report on their findings that says shooter Stephen Paddock wanted infamy and mass destruction.

But other than that the FBI said Paddock took whatever motive beyond that to his grave.

FBI Las Vegas Division Special Agent-In-Charge Aaron Rouse told the Associated Press that broke the story, “It wasn’t about MGM, Mandalay Bay or a specific casino or venue.”

“It was all about doing the maximum amount of damage and him obtaining some form of infamy,” Rouse said.

Rouse said Paddock acted alone when he carried out the attack.

FBI agents and behavioral specialists believe Paddock was in part influenced by the memory of his father, who was a bank robber and fugitive who was once on the FBI’s most wanted list.

After concluding their investigation of the 2012 Newton, Connecticut Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting the FBI released 1, 500 pages of documents.

Many questions still have not been answered in the Las Vegas shooting which is the worst mass shooting in American history.

When the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department released its final criminal investigative report into the Massacre in August of last year, the police indicated that many of their conclusions in that report were based on forensic analysis reports done by the FBI.

So now it appears that we are left with is a summary consisting of 3-pages after a 16-month federal investigation, without any FBI forensic analysis reports and other documents being released.

The LVMPD made mention in their final report that the bullet from Paddock’s head matched the handgun that was found adjacent to his body and the police based that on the forensic analysis done by the FBI.

What we do not have to date are the results of the FBI’s forensic analysis of all the bullets that were recovered from the victims and the Route 91 Harvest music festival grounds and surrounding areas, and whether those bullets matched all the firearms found in Paddock’s Mandalay Bay Hotel suite.

If all the FBI plans to release is one single 3-page summary report of their 16-month investigation into the Las Vegas Massacre, then that my friends just doesn’t cut it.

Remember 58 people were killed and almost 500 others were wounded by gunfire and the public should demand every single document in the possession of the FBI relating to their investigation.

It’s an insult to the American public who fund the FBI with taxpayer dollars.

 


About the author

Doug Poppa

Doug Poppa is a United States Army Military Police Veteran, former law enforcement officer, criminal investigator and private sector security and investigations management professional with 35 years of real-world investigative experience. He has 19 years experience in a hotel and casino environment, 14 of which were in security management positions. In 1986 he was awarded Criminal Investigator of the Year by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office in Virginia for his undercover work in narcotics enforcement. Contact the author.
COMMENT POLICY

Leave a Comment

Comment Policy

HOME / ABOUT / CONTACT / JOIN THE TEAM / TERMS OF SERVICE / PRIVACY POLICY / COMMENT POLICY

Los Angeles Post-Examiner