- Las Vegas
- Special Reports
- Be The Change
- Connected Life: Technology, Art, and Culture
- Dating Emily
- Eclectic Global Nomad
- Forty Shades of Fitness
- Fear and Loathing in Antarctica
- Fun, Fit, Fashion Guru
- The Giraffe Life
- It’s Just A Thought … Spiritually Speaking!
- Kinsey’s VBlog
- Left Coast Logic
- Socially Awkward
- Recycled Recipes From Vintage Boxes
- Heather Schlessman, PhD is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner who has spent her career either working with or teaching about families. She is also a mother who, like so many other parents, spent years muddling her way raising 3 wonderfully different children, one who happens to be experiencing a disability. Fortunately she has a life partner who muddled along with her. Spending most of her time trying to be perfect, as that would be the safest way to live, she became aware of a desire to be able to see people in a more compassionate way. Little did she know that the person she needed the most compassion for was herself. There is a saying that when you are ready to learn a teacher will appear, and so it was for Dr. Schlessman. She was introduced to the work of Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, the developer of Nonviolent Communication, and her world completely changed. She learned a way to have an intimate connection with herself and others, a way to truly contribute. Her passion now is to help others find their way to a more compassionate life. You can find more of Dr. Schlessman’s empathic expressions along with her husband’s, Rev. Mark Schlessman on their website.
Posts by Heather Schlessman:
Dear America, I have been watching the growing response to the Stanford rape case....
There was a recent news story that exemplifies a problem we currently have....
We are presently seeing a cultural reaction to transgender people and what bathroom....
Friday was a crazy day at work. The most involved, complicated children seemed....
I think all of us have had the experience of waking in the....
“It’s not fair.” That was a recent tweet from the brother of a....
Although we all have enemy images, this political season seems to be stimulating....
Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, the founder of non-violent communication, describes the need to contribute as....
I’ve been enjoying a growing peace in myself. It has to do with....
I find it amazingly wonderful that Justices Ginsberg and Scalia were able to....