Have you ever wanted to tell everyone what you think about … politics or religion, music, or anything? Don’t like a popular TV show? Maybe you want to sing your praises for Star Wars?
Maybe Uncle Bob’s favorite beer tastes like [fill in the blank]. Maybe you believe the leading candidates for president are [fill in this blank too]. And church is for [another blank for you to fill in]
And don’t get me started on the (Dodgers or Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels, New England Patriots, Raiders you name it). Athletes are [fill in this blank]. Team owners should [yet another blank].
The point is you probably have a lot of opinions on a variety of different topics and the Los Angeles Post-Examiner would like to hear — and see — you express those views. So we are starting the LAPX Community Voice Project in which the readers of this site and the viewers of our YouTube page can tell us what they think.
Got an opinion on one of our blogs or columns? How about one of our YouTube videos? We will accept those as well.
Here are the details:
- The videos should be 30-45 seconds in length.
- You must be visible on the screen speaking — or playing a musical instrument, holding up signs or using ASL instead of speaking.
- No product placement please.
- No copyright material of any kind, so don’t use clips from any of the sports leagues, don’t use any music other than your own.
- No nudity, even implied. Wear your Speedos, board shorts, bikinis and Daisy Dukes of you like, we leave that up to you.
- We won’t publish any videos with insulting language, but of course you can express your criticism towards politicians, artists, movies, TV shows, religions, religious leaders — or your adulation and compliments. You choose the topic.
- Basically it is all about you. When was the last time someone said that? You get 30-45 seconds to let us know what you think.
- Record your video in the horizontal format for best results, using your phone or a camera, GoPros, whatever works for you.
- Send the videos, via We Transfer, to us using this email: LAPostExaminer@gmail.com and we will review them, format them for our site and put them up on our YouTube channel and post them here.
Send a little bio of yourself: name, where you live and little details about yourself that give readers an idea of what shapes you as a person.
Make a video, be yourself and have fun!
Photos by Claudia Gestro, top photo is of Beyoncé and Jay Z at a recent game between
the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center.
We are not the typical news website – nor do we wish to be. We will be offering more than news and blogs, but an opportunity for fiction writers, poets, comedians and musicians to showcase their talent and skills. Much like when the Beatles formed Apple Corps Ltd, they opened the door to all kinds of inspiring talent that never really got a shot. From that came the likes of James Taylor and others. We hope by providing a similar approach we can shine the light on some tremendous undiscovered talent and at the same time offer some familiar voices who live in Los Angeles and beyond.